Our Working Group has identified the following priority outcomes that are ripe for action and provide an opportunity for measurable progress in the next 1-2 years:
- Identifying shared objectives and methodologies in order to build larger, more robust datasets about birds and habitats (following the steps identified in the Northeast Bird Monitoring Handbook).
- Exploring cause and effect relationships between management decisions and bird community responses.
- Expanding the use of the Midwest Avian Data Center as a platform for sharing and using avian datasets.
- Developing an online web community that:
- Highlights partner involvement in historical and on-going bird monitoring and conservation;
- Facilitates discussions that contribute to collaborative conservation throughout BCR 12;
- Outreaches upcoming events; and
- Communicates success and identifies future needs for the BCR 12 effort (living clearinghouse for information with links to other relevant efforts).